Summer Adventures in Learning (SAIL)
The Old Rochester Regional School District/Superintendency Union #55 is pleased to offer a summer program that will increase student learning while having fun! The SAIL Program is open to both Tri-Town residents and non-residents. The program is Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM, with the exception of the first week which will run Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday to avoid the Independence Day holiday. In each three-week session your child will be able to participate in one course. The SAIL Program will be held at the ORR High School.
SAIL courses will incorporate the following strategies:
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking
- Writing, reading, and numeracy
- Cooperative learning and student reflection
- Interdisciplinary connections
- Social and emotional engagement
- Synthesis, evaluation, and creative thinking
- Ongoing assessment to monitor growth
The mission of the SAIL program is to provide an enjoyable and supportive learning environment, prevent regression of previously learned skills, and engage students with opportunities that strengthen their educational foundation.